Taking into account the wide disciplinary spectrum of IEEE (the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers), AICA has defined two specific long-lasting agreemnets as a Sister Society of
- IEEE Computer Society, having a focus on ICT and Computer Science, and of
- IEEE Communications Society, having a more specific focus on communications network.
Such agreements allow an AICA Member to:
- access a 10% discount when joining both the IEEE and the IEEE Computer Society; at present, the annual membership dues are $ 158 + $ 56 (Computer Society), reduced to $ 192,60 total to AICA Members (see the IEEE website and the Computer Society website);
- access a 10% discount when joining IEEE Communications Society; at present, la annual membership dues are $ 30 (IEEE ComSoc), reduced to $ 27 for AICA Members;
- access a 20% discounted AICA Membership renewal fee, as an IEEE Member; indeed, the annual fee for ordinary AICA Membership is reduced to € 52,00.
In addition to membership discounts, the agreements allow a cooperation on the publications side.
At last, the cooperation between AICA and IEEE is also enforced through joint support to organizing events (as in International conferences and events).